All GP practices are contracted to provide “essential services”, that is, basic treatment of ill people.
We also provide the following “additional services”
- Child Health Surveillance (routine check-ups) together with the Health Visiting team
- Routine Childhood Immunisations together with the Health Visiting team.
- Maternity services in the ante-natal period and post-natal period are provided by the midwives from the Rankin Unit, lnverclyde Royal Hospital.
- An Adult Travel Vaccination service is available. Please note that not all travel immunisations are available on the NHS, please ask our Practice Nurse for details.
- Minor surgery. Dr Wilkie carries out minor surgery including removal of lumps and bumps, ingrown toenails and injections.
- Contraceptive Services. Specialist Services such as IUD insertion and implants are available from the Sandyford Clinic.
- Cervical smears
The surgery hold contracts with GGCHB for the following “enhanced services”
- An annual flu and pneumococcal immunisation programme to protect the elderly and at risk patients.
- Annual comprehensive reviews for patients with heart disease, diabetes , COPD, asthma, chronic kidney disease, stroke and hypertension.
Chronic Disease Clinics
Sister Irvine manages patients with any chronic illness.
Most reviews are annually however you may be recalled earlier per the nurse’s instructions.
Scottish Bowel Screening Programme
Everyone aged between 50 and 74 will receive a test kit by post every two years. The test is quick, easy to do and could be a lifesaver.
If you would like further information on the bowel screening programme you can call their helpline on 0800 0121 833 or alternatively you can visit their website at www.bowelscreening.scot.nhs.uk
Please download and print your travel questionnaire at least eight weeks prior to travel.
Unfortunately this form cannot be emailed back to the practice.
You may choose to post it or fax it in for the attention of the Practice Nurse.